The count down is on….the NEW Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue will be available on the 1st June in 3 days time.
Order your copy today by contacting me! (Australia Only)
A sneak peek to a New stamp set…
‘Enjoy Life’ is a fun photopolymer stamp set with lots of silhouette images and some great sentiments. This makes a good stamp set to use on projects for male or female, young or old.
On this card I created a ‘Brusho’ background on watercolour paper.
Using the Stamparatus I was able to stamp the images on the background, going back and re-stamping until the image and sentiment was fully covered.
This is a simple card to create and I am sure you will enjoy using the ‘Enjoy Life’ stamps as much as I do.
Brusho and Stampin’ Up! Pattern Party Decorative Masks.
I love the way this background effect has turned out, it has a tie dye feel to it. Almost that “Free Hippee, fun loving effect”
So to continue with that feel I kept the card very basic as the back ground is the focal point. Just a hint of contrast in colour with the Daffodil Delight and Old Olive flowers from the Petals and More Thinlets Dies.
Even the sentiment and font used has that earthy free movement to it.
The font used is from the Beautiful Day stamp set.
You can find a video on my YouTube Channel on how I achieved this effect called “Masks and Brusho”.
But there is one change I would do when trying this again. On the video I wet the watercolour paper first, instead of doing that lay the mask on the dry paper and then sprinkle the Busho, adding a light spray of water after. This way you will get more white space as above because the Brusho will not work on dry areas. If there is too much white space then give another light spray with water to move the colour about.
Have fun, play around….its trial and error. See what you come up with.
I have added links below to all of the products used and remember when you spend $90 from any of our catalogues you can choose an item for FREE from the Sale-A-Bration cataloges (including the extra SAB products just released)
Hope you have enjoyed my post and thanks for reading. If I can answer any questions for you please contact me.
This stamp set screams out “Fun and youth”.
You can receive Epic Celebration Stamp Set 147236 for FREE when you spend $90. It is found on page 12, Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration Catalogue.
I used the image of the shoes as the focal point of the card. The image was stamped onto Whisper White Cardstock 106549 with Memento Ink 132708.
Stampin’ Up! Blends in Night of Navy (Dark and Medium Combo) 144040 was used to colour the shoes. With shading on the toes and side walls done in Smoky Slate Stampin’ Pad 131179 and Blender Pen 102845. Using Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies145372 and the medium size circle cut out the shoes. A length of Gold Mini Sequence Trim 144128 was added to the back and held down with dimentionals.
Banner was stamped and embossed in white on Basic Black cardstock 121688.
The back ground of this card was done using Brusho 144101.
Once the watercolour paper 122959 was coloured and allowed to dry, the brick mask from Pattern Party Decorative Masks 144103 was placed over the top and sprayed with water. The water pulls the colour away from the areas not covered by the mask. After a few minutes the mask is removed and the watercolour paper allowed to dry again. You are left with a light brick pattern.
The Front panel is mounted on Basic Black and Berry Burst cardstock 144249 and then onto a Whisper White card base.
Thank you for visiting my Blog, if you have any questions please contact me.
All products used will be listed below with links to my On-line Store.
Gold Elegance with Brusho from Stampin’ Up!
So how was this created….
- A piece of Watercolour paper 122959 cut at 9 x 13.2 cm was attached to a firm surface with low tack painters tape, 1.5 cm in top and bottom & 2 cm in each side. Leaving a 5 x 10 cm section.
- Spray the area with water and sprinkle** Brusho 144101, Prussian Blue and Gamboge (Orange) over the top, you may need to add extra colour e.g. Gamboge, as the Prussian Blue is an intense colour and will take over.
- Dry by either heat gun or let it air dry. Once dried gentle remove the painters tape. You may get some bleeding around your edges or corners.
- The watercolour paper is then adhered to a piece of Dapper Denim cardstock 141419 cut at 9.3 x 13.5cm with Multi-Purpase glue 110755. Dimensionals 104430 where place onto the back ready to adhere to card front.
- Dapper Denim cardstock Card base is cut at 14.5 x 21 cm and scored at 10.5 cm along the long edge. Fold along score line and burnish with bone folder.
- Cut a piece of Gold Foil cardstock 132622 at 10 x 14 cm. Adhere to card front with multi purpose glue.
- Remove backing off the dimensionals and attach front panel to the Gold Foil cardstock.
- From a piece of Gold Foil cardstock cut the branch from Petals and More Thinlits Dies 145655. Adhere to card with either multi purpose glue or Fine-Tip Glue Pen 138309
- Inside of card attack a piece of Whisper White cardstck cut at 10cm x 14 cm.
** To sprinkle Brusho pierce a hole into the lid..Re. the instructions found on Pg. 26 Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalogue
All the product used are listed below including links to my Store. Any questions please contact me.
Brusho is addictive!
Have you had a play with them as yet?
They can be found in Stampin’ Up! 2018 Occasions Catalogue on page 26 and if you can only purchase one product from this catalogue , then this should be it.
Oh! Also check out the great stamp sets on that page, it’s also a must.
Look….. just buy it all, you’ll get free product too! And that’s always good, RIGHT!
Yep! You heard right spend $90 (AU) and you can choose a product from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue.
Not sure how them ask me…and I will help you..
Opps! I meant to say, I’ll help you place your order……
OK…lets get back to today’s fun card…
SEE!…..I told you it was a fun card.
Besides the colouring technique with Brusho, I also did the Eclipse technique..that is where you cut letters from the design and layer them to sit higher.
Instead of use single letters, I used the Happy Birthday Thinlets 143700. It was like putting together a “JIGSAW”, good thing I like doing jigsaws.
So if you like a bit of a challenge then give this card a go!
Here’s a couple of hints..
- With the Brush dry each colour before adding the next.
- Be careful not to loose those tiny little bits you need to glue in..I only lost one and it was the smallest
- After cutting out Happy Birthday from card front, adhere the card front to matting layer. Place the Happy Birthday back on top and glue in all the little pieces. Making sure to lift the words so they don’t stick down.
- Cut out 2 extra “Happy Birthday’s” and adhere on top of each other. Then attach the top colourful Happy Birthday on top.
If you have any questions then please contact me.
Below I have listed all the products used and they are linked back to my Store..