Hi and welcome to my Blog.
Today’s card was inspired by a video from Jennifer McGuire on Partial Die Cuts.
What is ‘Partial Die Cutting?
Partial Die cutting is just what it says… your only cutting part of the die. But in this case we are using two dies and on each one your cutting only a part of the die. The products I used for my card are Stampin’ Up! ® Forever Blossoms Bundle and Stitched so Sweetly Dies.
I found it wasn’t as easy as it looked at first and it took me about 6 attempts to get something that I was happy with. The down side of this technique is now my dies are slightly bent…they still work so that’s OK.
The image was then coloured using Stampin’ Up! ® Blends.
Products & Measurements used…
- Forever Blossoms Bundle
- Stitched so Sweetly Dies
- Scripty 3D Embossing Folder.
- Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock – Card Base 21 x 14.9 cm, score 10.5cm
- Whisper White Cardstock – Large Mat 10 x 14.4cm, Small Mat 8.5 x 11.5 cm & 10.5 x 14.9 cm for the stamped and die cut image
- Basic Black Cardstock – small scrap for sentiment
- Blends- Old Olive Light, Mossy Meadow light, Flirty Flamingo Dark, So Saffron dark & Light.
- White Embossing Powder
How did I make this card…
- Stamping, die cutting & colouring the image – I would suggest watching Jennifer McGuire’s video
- On either side on the label portion of the cut out I punched a small hole so later ribbon can be threaded through.
- Colour a length of Ribbon as per video linked below.
- With smaller mat piece (8.5 x 11.5 cm) cut with one of the scallop stitch die from the Stitched so Sweetly dies and emboss with Scripty 3D Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the two mats together.
- Place dimensionals onto the back of the die cut image..DO NOT remove the backings
- How to thread the ribbon – start at the left hole and take one end of the ribbon from the back to the front. At this point you can place the mats under the image (do not remove backings from the dimensionals). Then take the ribbon behind the mats and across to the left side. Put the two ends of the ribbon together and thread through the right hole on the stamped image. While the ribbon is loose remove backings from the dimensionals and adhere in place. Tie a bow and trim.
- With Multi Purpose Glue attach the mats to card base.
- Sentiment – stamp sentiment onto a piece of basic Black cardstock using VersaMark and White Embossing Powder. Adhere the sentiment to card with the mini dimensonals.
Thank you for stopping by and reading my Blog. I hope you’ve enjoyed my projects & that you’re inspired to get crafty!
Please see the links below to grab any of these products from my Online Shop!