The August class we looked at the Stampin’ Up! Blends and how to use them.
These high-quality, alcohol-based, dual-tip markers come in many of our exclusive Stampin’ Up! colours. Each colour comes in 2 shades to give you the best blending experience out there..You can purchase these as Singles or as Combo Pack…see page 205 Annual Catalogue
Here are some tips on how I like to use Blends-
- ONLY use Momento Ink 132708
- Smooth surface cardstock is best to use such as Stampin’ Up! Whisper White Cardstock
- Have a layer of scrap paper under your work as it is normal for the colour to bleed through the cardstock – you want this to happen (see following 2 points)
- Work on small areas at a time, this allows the ink to stay moist while you work and helps the colours to blend
- Apply the lighter colour using small circles to saturate the paper, this will help the colour to blend together.
- Apply the darker shade of color, you can use a tick or flick like motion. Start the tick /flick from where you want it to be darkest and it will become lighter at the tip. Or you can just colour in where you want your shading to go.
- Go over the areas where you want the two shades to blend with the lighter colour but take care to not add to much light colour to where you want it to be darkest as it may also lighten those areas.
- Have fun and try mixing the colours like the yellow to pinks, just make sure you clean on the nibs on scrap paper.
We started to make this card using only the 1 colour (Light and Dark) but everyone was enjoying using the blends so much they wanted to add more colour
and who am I to stop them…its all about being creative, Right!
The following two card we used the Blended Season stamps from the “Colour your Season” Limited -Time Bundle Only Available until 31 August or while stocks last.
Along with this bundle you can purchase Watercolour Pencils Ass 2 149014 (these are not part of the bundle price)
The colour Combos used are Granny Apple Green 147274 & Real Red (Available next month in the Holiday Catalogue)
There are lots of great videos out there on how to use Blends and I have added here one by Stampin’ Up! here…
Thank you for reading my post…if you have any questions please contact me. All the product used will be listed below with links to my On-Line Store (Australia Only)