Hi and welcome to Butterflys and Bows
This week I have been asked to make a card to send to a family in our church……
I needed a card that would suit the male members of this family but then not leave out the women either.
So I decided to do something a little rustic but still soft and I hope soothing as well.
The stamp set I am using by Stampin’ Up! is Awesomely Artistic. It s a great set that allows you to add layers in stamps not so much as layers in paper.
The detail in these stamps are beautiful and has that old rustic charm.
You can purchase Awesomely Artistic HERE
10 simple steps to create your own card using Awesomely Artistic Stamps by Stampin’ Up!
- For the card and card front I used Crumb Cake Card stock, cut at Base- 14.5 x 29 cm and card front – 9.5 x 13.5 cm
- Using Crumb Cake Stampin’ Pad I stamped the linen image a couple of times on the top and bottom of the card base.
- The floral Image I stamped in Early Espresso.
- Using Watercolor pencils by Stampin’ Up! I coloured the flowers in Whisper White and then added Calypso Coral in the center of the petals. With a touch of Daffodil Delight as the flower centers. The leaves were coloured with Old Olive. There is NO blending, just simply colouring in.
- The fern leaves I stamped with the Old Olive Stampin’ Pad.
- I highlighted the fern and flowers using a white gel pen
- On a scrap of Crumb Cake cardstock I stamped the circle flower image in Calypso Coral and also highlighted with the white gel pen. Cut out with a 1.5 cm Circle Punch.
- With a few wrapes of Stampin’ Up! Linen Thread and the floral circle attached on top with a dimensionals
- The edges of both the card and the card front was lightly sponged with Crumb Cake using the Stampin’ Pad and sponge.
- Add a few dimensionals to the back and mount onto the card