Hi and welcome today to my Blog.
Happy New Year, I hope that no matter where you are in the world you had a Happy New Year with family and Friends. I spent New Year with my husband staying at home a good place to be at this time. We didn’t even stay up for the ‘Fireworks’ on TV….we must be getting a bit boring….LOL!
Today I have two cards to show you using the Stampin’ Up! ® stamp set – Butterfly Wishes. This stamp set is called a ‘Distinktive’ stamp, that is because the design is etched into the red rubber using different textures to achieve definition. This allows you to use only one colour and the stamp gives you a monochromatic image using that one colour.
How to make this card…
- Card Base Soft Suede – 10.5 x 28.9cm, score at 14.9cm.
- Mat Crumb Cake – 10 x 14.4 cm
- Card Front Balmy Blue – 9.5 x 13.9cm
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla – 8.5 x 7cm
- Card Inset Mat – Balmy Blue – 10 x 14.4cm
- Card Insert Very Vanilla – 9.5 x 13.9cm
- Using Balmy Blue Stampin’ Pad stamp the butterfly images onto the Balmy Blue card front. Starting with the large butterfly, then medium and finish with the small butterfly to fill in any spaces.
- Run the card front through the Stampin’ Up! ® Cut & Emboss Machine using the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the card front to the Crumb cake mat.
- Stamp the large butterfly onto the Very Vanilla cardstock, stamping off first to lighten the ink before stamping.
- Stamp the sentiment over the top of the butterfly using Soft Suede Stampin’ Pad.
- Die cut the sentiment using the die from the Stitched so Sweetly Dies.
- Using the Detailed Trio Punch, punch two holes one on either side of the sentiment. With a pencil mark very lightly the half way mark on both sides of the sentiment, line up the notch on the punch to the pencil mark on the opposite side and punch. Repeat for other side.
- Thread the vanilla ribbon from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack trough the holes on the sentiment. Add a couple of dimensionals to the back of the sentiment and attach to the card front. Take the ribbon around to the back of the matted card front and secure the ends down using Seal +.
- Using either Seal or Multi-purpose glue adhere the matted card front to the card base.
- Insert – Stamp a couple of the butterflies onto the Very Vanilla Insert. Adhere the Very Vanilla insert to the Balmy Blue Mat and attach to the inside of the card.
My second Card
This card was made very similar to the above card, just a couple of changes.
- Card Base Crumb cake – 10.5 x 28.9cm, score at 14.9cm.
- Mat Crumb Cake – 10 x 14.4 cm
- Card Front Basic White (Whisper White) – 9.7 x 14.1cm
- Sentiment Crumb Cake – 1.2 x 9.7cm
- Card Insert Basic White – 10 x 14.4cm
**Sentiment is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and has dimensionals on the back.
*** Basic White – New Cardstock replacing Whisper White soon. I did use the Whisper White.
Thank you for stopping by and reading my Blog. I hope you have enjoyed my projects & that you’re inspired to get crafty!
You can keep up to date with what is happening here on my Blog through my News Letter HighlightsProduct List
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .