Welcome to my Blog…today I’m taking part in a Blog Hop with Scrapbooking Global. This is the first time I have hopped with them so this will be fun. The theme this month is ‘Back to School”
This theme is so appropriate right now as recently I have been contacted by my Class mates from 1979 in regards to us all getting together later this year. It’s so exciting as a lot of these people I haven’t seen in 40 years…WOW! ….. 40 years since finishing Year 10, that’s a long time. Going through old school photo’s & reliving memories I came across this photo taken the year before in 1978 at a Year 9 School Excursion to the Illawarra region. Posting this on our FB Group everyone one commented on this was one of the best times they remember from school. This photo was taken of our group…there were so many of us. There were approx 130 in our year and about 90 went on the trip.
For this layout I have kept it very simple with the photo being the ‘Hero’.
- Designer Series Paper ‘See A Silhouette’ 149443, mounted on Night of Navy 12 x12 Cardstock
- Photo mounted on A4 Whisper White Cardstock
- Branch Die from Sweet Silhouettes Dies’ 149541 cut from Night of Navy Cardstock
- Whisper White cut with Stitched Circle Die and printed by computer.
- Nature’s Twin Crumb Cake 146342, pulled apart into threads and tied into a bow
- Leaves Trinkets 146343 – cooper
- Journaling on Whisper White cardstock cut into strips printed via computer
Thank you for visiting my Blog, I hope you have enjoyed it. Next is Cynthia’s Blog Page…have fun and enjoy….
5 thoughts on “It’s back to School”
So fun. Just what scrapbooking is all about, the memories and the documentation. I love how the photo is the hero! Thank you for sharing, Diana.
So lovely Michele. The DSP works so well with everything else. Love the little collection around the circle.
How fun that you have this photo from so long ago! and even better that you have made a page for it so you can easily find it again. I love the paper you chose and the embellishment cluster with the branch. I hope you have a fun time meeting up with old friends.
Won’t your friends love this layout!! Your choice of designer paper and simple embellishments let the photo and journaling do the talking.
Wow this dsp looks amazing with your big photo. What a great way to record the event. Awesome page.