Good Morning and welcome to Butterflys and Bows…
This weeks challenge by the Global Design Challenge team is a Colour Challenge GDP#093 and the colours we are playing with are ……
Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst from the new In-Colours teamed with Pool Party from the Subtle Collection….WOW! What a great combo..
The Pool Party adds a sense of Ahhhh! to this combination, that little bit of calm with those 2 great vibrant colours.
I love the FUN these colours bring out..they remind me of hot summers at the beach or at the pool, or a garden in full bloom and the feelings of laughter and playfulness.
So I wanted to follow through with this and used the Stampin’ Up! Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies and lots of layers of colour.
I love the Swirly Scribbles and how they can be layered or entwined like I have done here.
I have also added a layer of the Berry Burst crackle paper from Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack by Stampin’ Up!
The sentiment used comes from Watercolor Wings Stamp Set.
If you wish to give this card a go, here are all the measurements I used.
How to make my Swirly Scribbles Card……
- Cut the Swirly Scribbles from the Berry Burst (9 x 9), Lemon Lime Twist (7 x 7), Pool Party (6 x 6)
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White and flag the right hand side using Basic Black Archival Ink.
- Fold along score line on card Base and adhere Lemon Lime Twist Matt.
- Adhere the crackle paper mat to Pool Party mat (this is not adhered to the Lemon Lime twist as yet), I use Multi Purpose glue for this as it allows time to get the paper in the right place.
- Entwine the Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist Swirls and adhere to top of card also attach tag, slipping it over and under swirls.
- Adhere Pool Party swirl to center Berry Burst swirl
- Add Dimensionals to Pool Party mat and adhere to Lemon Lime Twist Matt
- Adhere Whisper What Matt to the inside of the card.
Now if you are wanting to Purchase any of these items to make this card then here is a link to these products at My Store…
Hope you have enjoyed today’s card any questions please contact me