The other day I was going through some “STUFF”….you know that stuff that gets put into a pile and does get looked at again for a while.
I have lots of those “STUFF” piles…will this was something I found when my husband and I where emptying some boxes earlier this year. It was an envelope with some photo’s taken about 10 to 11 years ago of me and of one of my sons.
When Robert was a about 5yrs old he loved to act…mind you he can’t dance or sing but loved to act. He tried out and got into “OLIVER”……
Well about 18 months later a local acting group decided to put on “Beauty and the Beast” to raise money for a local charity. They were looking for people of all ages and Robert had the “Acting Bug”. So of we go and again he gets in……So this means I’m the one taking him to rehearsals ….short end of the story….they needed more singers, I was there every night so why not…I’m in!
It was so much fun and Robert and I had a great time……now usually I’m the one behind the camera taking the photo’s. But this time I was in front of the camera and this great photo was taken.
So I’ve been looking at this photo for about 2 weeks now wondering what am I going to do with it….
I had purchased the Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper by Stampin’ Up! and its a beautiful range of floral papers.
The layout for this page I found on Pinterest..
I think it worked out really well…
I didn’t use all the element in the sketch, just the main ones. I love how Stampin’ Up! have co-ordinated all of their papers – Designer Series Paper with the Plain cardstock.And on the packaging of the DSP they have listed all the colour used…this makes it very easy to choose the correct cardstock.
How did I make the Flowers…
The flowers I punched out with the Pansy Punch and a smaller flower punch (discontinued) I rolled the flower up into a ball – this is done to break down the fibers in the cardstock. After a while you can see the cardstock separating into two layers, gently pull them apart. You are then left with a soft felt looking side which was the inside of the cardstock, this becomes the right side of the flower. Then with a small amount of Multi-purpose glue I put a small dot of glue in the center of the flower and place the another flower on top – off setting the petals. The same was done to the small flowers and one of these placed in the center. Again scrunch up all the petals and sponge with some ink to add colour / shading.
I hope you like my page…..Stampin’ Up! isn’t just about making cards. They also have great products for all your memorykeeping needs. Check out the “Memories and More” section of your catalogue.
If you need help just contact me I’d love to help you get started with Stampin’ Up!