Is there a stamp set you pass over when going through the catalogue?
Is there a stamp set that because its paired up with another product you never think of using in a separate way to how it’s been shown?
Tags & Trimmings 144832 (Clear) from Stampin’ Up! is one of those sets for me.
I purchased this stamp set as a bundle with Trim your Stocking Thinlit Dies 146062 (Clear), not thinking I would use it for a card. I may have passed over it if was a stand-alone stamp set.
This set of stamps is not full of images…but rather it has individual elements that can be grouped to form an image.
I will be using Tags and Trimming to make a card for the Global Design Challenge this week –
Global Design Project 114 | Sketch Challenge
To see this weeks challenge and the Design teams examples click HERE
I love this very “Clean and Simple” look, and wanted to reflect this in my card.
How did I do this.
For this card I have used the two Holly Leaves and the Berry stamp to make my own all over patterned paper. Which was then cut down to 6 squares measuring 2.5 x 2.5cm each, the inks used are Old Olive and Real Red.
What to remember when stamping ….
- Keep the leaves close together but still leaving some white space. Use the berries to fill in some space that maybe a little too big. I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock larger than what I required, 10 x 14 cm.
The next steps are…
- After stamping the larger piece of card stock then choose an area that is 5 x 7.5 cm that you are happy with. This then gets cut down to the 6 squares.
- Adhere your squares onto the first mat, in this case the Real Red cardstock – which again is larger than required and is trimmed down to my finished size. Its like doing a jigsaw puzzle make sure you have them in the right position before gluing down.
- Do the same with the next mat, have this cut larger than what you need so you can trim down to the size you want.
- Wrap some Whisper White Bakers Twine around this panel and finish of with a small bow.
- The sentiment used comes from “Oh, What Fun” 140386 a carry-over stamp set from a previous year. This is stamped in Basic Black, just under where the panel will go.
- Attach Whisper White card front to the Real Red mat and adhere to the card base.
- Add dimentionals to the back of the front panel and attach to card.
- Add a little bling with Wink of Stella to the leaves.
Hope you have enjoyed my card and I hope you give it a try. If you have any questions please contact me, I would love to hear from you.
Below I have added all the products used and links to “My Store”