Its so nice to take a moment, enjoy the quite times when everything around you is going a hundred miles an hour and your just sitting back watching the waves and the seagulls.
It’s time for a fabulous sketch challenge this week – there are so many great ways to interpret this sketch and make it your own. We know you’ll love it as much as we do! Here’s the sketch for this week’s challenge:
Make sure you go and check out GDP to see all the fantastic projects done by the Design Team and the other Entries in the Challenge. The Link is HERE
This week I have mixed things up a bit by using the image from one stamp set and the sentiment from another. The two sets come from the Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration Catalogue and you can get either one FREE when you spend $90 (AU) or spend $180 (AU) and get both for FREE
How to make my card..
- By the Bay stamp set 149739
- Home to Roost149736
- Early Espresso cardstock – Card base 14.5 x 21 cm, scoured at 10.5 cm & banner 9.7 x 1 cm
- Pool Party cardstock – mat 14 x 10 cm & a small piece for under the banner 10.7 x .5 cm
- Crumb Cake cardstock – card front 13.7 x 9.7 cm
- watercolour paper 8 x 8cm
- Very Vanilla cardstock – insert 14 x 10 cm
- Stampin’ Pads – Pool Party, Balmy Blue, Smokey Slate, Daffodil Delight & Calypso Coral
- Stazon Black
- Aqua Painter
- Stitched Shapes Framelits – 2nd largest circle
- White Embossing Powder, VersaMark, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun
- Watercolour Paper – stamp seagulls all over using Stazon ink.
- Loosely colour the image with inks using Aqua Painter
- Cut using the Stitched Framelit circle
- Stamp the seagulls also onto the Crumb Cake cardstock with the Crumb Cake ink.
- Emboss the sentiment onto the Early Espresso banner with the White Embossing Powder and heat set.
TIP: Don’t cut your Banner down to above measurements until after Embossing. I use a Post-it Note to help like a handle when positioning under the Trimmer so that I can get a narrow strip.
- Adhere the Pool Party Strip/Banner to back of the Banner peeking out a little at the bottom. Attach Mini Dimensionals to the underneath of banner.
- Adhere card together.
Thank you for reading my Blog today. All the products used will be listed below and linked back to my On-Line Store. If you have any questions just leave me a message here and I will get back to you. Please leave me a comment as I love to see who has visited.
They are LIVE ….. If you don’t have a catalogue in your hands right now….
Then here is the next best thing….the LINKS
Spend $90 (*before Shipping and handling) from either Annual or
Occasions Catalogue and choose a FREE item from Sale-A-Bration as
indicated in the SAB Catalogue on Page 2
❤️Host a Party for you and your Friends and there are extra rewards ..More information on Page 3 of the SAB
❤️ Join NOW and you have 2 joining Options to choose from…so check it out on Page 4 of SAB
Lovely Lattice, a little note….by Stampin’ Up!
Lovely Lattice 149730 by Stampin’ Up! has a charm to it with that slight vintage feel with the lattice behind the flowers. As soon as I saw it I had to have it because it screamed “Colour me!”.
If you love to colour then this is a must to have. You could colour with Blends, Watercolour pencils or with re-inkers and your Aqua pen. There are no fonts in this set but I don’t you will have any trouble finding one that will work well with it.
This beautiful stamp is one you can earn for FREE when you spend $90 in the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue by Stampin’ Up!
Lovely Lattice is one of the new ‘Cling-Stamps’ by Stampin’ Up! The adhesive image label now ‘Clings’ and I mean ‘Cling’.
Here is a fun video telling you about our ‘Cling-Stamps’
What did I use on this card…
The image and sentiment are stamped with Memento Ink and coloured with Stampin’ Up! Blends. The sentiment ‘ a little note’ comes from the Butterfly Gala 148580 in the Occasional Catalogue.
The Blends used are…
Pink Pirouette (Retired)
Flirty Flamingo Combo 147278
Old Olive Combo 144597
Daffodil Delight Combo 144603
Pool Party Combo 144605
Mossy Meadow Dark 148546 **
Balmy Blue Light 148540 **
Whisper White 106549
Blushing Bride 131287
Balmy Blue 147007
** These products will be released in the 2019 Occasions Catalogue…for your copy of this catalogue along with the Sale-A-Brations Catalogue, contact me.
Thank you for reading my Blog post today. All of the products used are listed below and linked back to my On-Line Store.
This stamp set screams out “Fun and youth”.
You can receive Epic Celebration Stamp Set 147236 for FREE when you spend $90. It is found on page 12, Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration Catalogue.
I used the image of the shoes as the focal point of the card. The image was stamped onto Whisper White Cardstock 106549 with Memento Ink 132708.
Stampin’ Up! Blends in Night of Navy (Dark and Medium Combo) 144040 was used to colour the shoes. With shading on the toes and side walls done in Smoky Slate Stampin’ Pad 131179 and Blender Pen 102845. Using Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies145372 and the medium size circle cut out the shoes. A length of Gold Mini Sequence Trim 144128 was added to the back and held down with dimentionals.
Banner was stamped and embossed in white on Basic Black cardstock 121688.
The back ground of this card was done using Brusho 144101.
Once the watercolour paper 122959 was coloured and allowed to dry, the brick mask from Pattern Party Decorative Masks 144103 was placed over the top and sprayed with water. The water pulls the colour away from the areas not covered by the mask. After a few minutes the mask is removed and the watercolour paper allowed to dry again. You are left with a light brick pattern.
The Front panel is mounted on Basic Black and Berry Burst cardstock 144249 and then onto a Whisper White card base.
Thank you for visiting my Blog, if you have any questions please contact me.
All products used will be listed below with links to my On-line Store.
A little bit of fun with Sale-A-Brations Party Pandas…..
These pandas are so, so cute!
Keeping with the fun feel I used bright contrasting colours to keep the party rolling.
See below for all products used.
Join me in my Party by either Shop with me Host workshop, (so you can make on of these cards) or Join and become part of my team.
Click HERE to see all of Stampin’ Up Catalogues
For every $90 AUD you spend, you receive a free Sale-A-Bration product. For anyone who has enjoyed Sale-A-Bration in the past, we have an exciting new announcement for this year: We now have a new reward level, giving you more flexibility and options for the free items.
Let’s break it down:
- If you spend $90 AUD, get one free level 1 product.
- If you spend $180 AUD, get one free level 2 product, OR, you can choose two level 1 items.
- If you spend $270 AUD, you have the option to choose three level 1 items or one level 1 item and one level 2 item.
This new option allows everyone to create a personalised Sale-A-Bration experience!
Hosting a qualifying party during Sale‑A‑Bration (with at least $400 in sales) earns the host $40 more in Stampin’ Rewards. Basically, hosting during Sale‑A‑Bration is the best way to earn more rewards for a party!
Join as a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration (3 January–31 March 2018) and get your starter kit for $169 AUD, along with TWO additional stamps sets included in your kit.
This card “With Sympathy” is a special order and a card I have enjoyed making even though its for a time of sadness.
I have used the Petal Palette Bundle 145974 for this card and the sentiment comes from Rose Wonder 140697.
The Petal Palette Bundle is available to be ordered “NOW!” from the Occasions Catalogue…if you live in Australia and would like a copy contact me and I will send you a copy,
along with the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue.
The Passion Petal Suite is probably my favorite from the catalogue..so keep a watch out as I know I will be making lots from this set.
How to Make this Card..
Products used.. Petal Palette Bundle 145974
Rose Wonder Stamp Set 140697
Whisper White Note card and Envelope 131527
So Saffron Cardstock cut at 12 x 8.2 mm 108611
Whisper White Cardstock cut at 11.6 x 7.8 mm 106549
Whisper White 6.4 mm Organza Ribbon 145590 (NEW)
Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad 140931
Watercolour Pencils 141709 – Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzelberry, Old Olive and Real Red
Blender Pen 102845
- Stamp floral image onto righthand side of Whisper White Cardstock in Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad. We want to use the left over Whisper White Cardstock on the card so be careful to where you stamp the image.
- Using the Daffodil Delight and Rich Razzelberry watercolour pencil colour in the flowers with the Rich Razzelberry around the edges. Blend with the Blender Pen, blending the two colours together and to get a water colour effect.
- Do the same on the leaves with Old Olive and a little of the Real Red…don’t use to much Real Red, as it will take over the Old Olive. Blend the colours together.
- Then with the Thinlit Dyes cut out the flower image and put to one side.
- Stamp the With Sympathy sentiment also in Basic Black onto the left side of where we cut the Flowers from.
- Attach the Whisper White Cardstock to the So Saffron Cardstock using snail adhesive – card front
- Wrap Organza Ribbon around card front and tie in a bow.
- Place dimentionals in to back of Floral embellishment and slightly offset over the top of where it was diecut from.
This card is a easy card to make and very effective….later I will post another card made similar to this one but with a few more elements.
I hope you like my card and if you have any Questions please contact me. I will get back to you as soon as I can, will be away until 5th January 2018.
Do you like to play with new products before anyone else? I do…
Today I played with a new product from the 2018 Sale-A-Bration catalogue – Heartfelt Blooms
The Occasions and Sale-A-Bration Catalogues start on the 2nd January 2018…Order it now so you can start planing what you would like….
and when you spend $90 (before shipping and handling) you get to choose a FREE item from Sale-A-Bration catalogue.
PLUS, New to this year(2018)…
Earn even bigger rewards when you spend $180 (before shipping and handling)
One of the many advantages of Joining my Team is…
You get to try the new products a month before release. Sale-A-Bration time is also the best time to Join as a Demonstrator yourself. Because you can receive the standard $235 worth of Product for only $169….and you can choose 2 additional Free Stamp sets…WOW!!
Contact me if you would like the catalogues sent to you and if you are interested in Joining my Team
Tonight I have had a quick play with one of the stamp set from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue “Heartfelt Blooms”..
Now as I said this was a very quick play …all I used was two stamps from the set, two Stampin’ Pads – Powder Pink & Fresh Fig and Very Vanilla Note Cards and Envelopes.
As well as stamping the image on the card front I also stamped the corner of the envelope. A very quick Card, you could stamp a stack of these in no time at all.
So contact me and for your copies of the catalogues and JOIN my team.
Welcome to Butterflys and Bows!
Today I have been playing with a card idea….
Using “Lift Me Up” Stamp set and some watercolouring.
- For this card I stamped the Balloons onto a circle of watercolour paper with VersaMark and embossed with white embossing powder.
- I sprayed the watercolour paper with water and then using an Aqua Painter, I painted the back ground with Soft Sky, Pool Party.
- The large Balloon I used Peekaboo Peach and Calypso Coral
- Smaller Balloon is in Sweet Sugar Plum.
- Added more water to background and added more colour with Smoky Slate and Dapper Denim
- Then while the background was still wet I added large salt crystals.
“Lift Me Up” can be found in the Occasions Catalogue.
This Stamp Set can also be purchased as part of a Bundle with the Up and Away Thinlits Dies with a 10% discount
REMEMBER you only have until the end of the month to take advantage of the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue
Spend $90 and choose an Item from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue for FREE!
Here’s some NEW add-ons to Sale-A-Bration
Have you been looking for ideas for young teens, especially for those teen boys. Well I have found a great Stamp set and famelits for you.
On page 30 of the Occasions Catalogue there is Custom Tee.
It can also be used with the Tie Dyed stamp set on page for other great effects.
Then there is also the Designer Tee from Sale-A-Brations
They also work well this other sets as you will see in this video.
This week I’m taking part in 2 challenges ……
Global Design Project #GDP072 -This week we are casing Krista Fratin.
CASE = Copy And Selectively Edit.
Colour INKspiration Challenge #02
Neutrals such as Black, Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Kraft, Sahara Sand and Metallic’s can also be used.
These beautiful soft colours work well together and the Garden Green even though is a strong colour works in well.
I have teamed these colours Sahara Sand which has a slight green tone to the soft neutral colour.
- The card front is stamped with the Delicate Details from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue in Mint Macaron.
- The edges sponged in Wisteria Wonder and then sponged on top with the Mint Macaron just to soften the Wisteria Wonder.
- The card front is adhered to a Garden Green matte and then attached to Card Base .
- From the Flourish Details Thinlits cut 2 sets of leaves in Garden Green and Mint Macaron, large flower In Wisteria Wonder and a smaller flower in Whisper White.
- Using the Laying Squares cut our one of the larger scalloped squares in Garden Green.
- In the Sky Blue cut a smaller square from the Stitched Shapes framelits, in the left top corner stamp “Hello” from the Flourishing Phases Stamp Set.
- Layer the two squares and attach the two flowers in the bottom right corner and attach Dimenosionals on the back.
- Adhere the leaves on the card front and then the square with flower on top.