Its so nice to take a moment, enjoy the quite times when everything around you is going a hundred miles an hour and your just sitting back watching the waves and the seagulls.
Global Design Project 178 Sketch Challenge
It’s time for a fabulous sketch challenge this week – there are so many great ways to interpret this sketch and make it your own. We know you’ll love it as much as we do! Here’s the sketch for this week’s challenge:
Make sure you go and check out GDP to see all the fantastic projects done by the Design Team and the other Entries in the Challenge. The Link is HERE
This week I have mixed things up a bit by using the image from one stamp set and the sentiment from another. The two sets come from the Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration Catalogue and you can get either one FREE when you spend $90 (AU) or spend $180 (AU) and get both for FREE
How to make my card..
- By the Bay stamp set 149739
- Home to Roost149736
- Early Espresso cardstock – Card base 14.5 x 21 cm, scoured at 10.5 cm & banner 9.7 x 1 cm
- Pool Party cardstock – mat 14 x 10 cm & a small piece for under the banner 10.7 x .5 cm
- Crumb Cake cardstock – card front 13.7 x 9.7 cm
- watercolour paper 8 x 8cm
- Very Vanilla cardstock – insert 14 x 10 cm
- Stampin’ Pads – Pool Party, Balmy Blue, Smokey Slate, Daffodil Delight & Calypso Coral
- Stazon Black
- Aqua Painter
- Stitched Shapes Framelits – 2nd largest circle
- White Embossing Powder, VersaMark, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun
- Watercolour Paper – stamp seagulls all over using Stazon ink.
- Loosely colour the image with inks using Aqua Painter
- Cut using the Stitched Framelit circle
- Stamp the seagulls also onto the Crumb Cake cardstock with the Crumb Cake ink.
- Emboss the sentiment onto the Early Espresso banner with the White Embossing Powder and heat set.
TIP: Don’t cut your Banner down to above measurements until after Embossing. I use a Post-it Note to help like a handle when positioning under the Trimmer so that I can get a narrow strip.
- Adhere the Pool Party Strip/Banner to back of the Banner peeking out a little at the bottom. Attach Mini Dimensionals to the underneath of banner.
- Adhere card together.
Thank you for reading my Blog today. All the products used will be listed below and linked back to my On-Line Store. If you have any questions just leave me a message here and I will get back to you. Please leave me a comment as I love to see who has visited.
2 thoughts on “Enjoy the simple moments…”
Great card Michele. So clever.
Thank you Kate