Hi and welcome to my Blog.
Beautiful, Bright and Vibrant
One day I’d love to go and explore India’s love of COLOUR.
For the time being I am enjoying India through the camera lens of a friend who travels to India often. Her photos are always so bright and vibrant with colour, from beautiful Blue or Turquoise doorways. To ladies dancing in the streets wearing bright Sari’s in pinks, reds, blues and greens.
There use of mosaics and intricate decorations of their forts, temples and palaces are amazing.
The colours of India are the inspiration for my card.
Making this card was a bit of an experiment.
- How was I going to create the back ground.
- I wanted to create a mosaic type image
So I tried two different techniques using the same Stampin’ Up!® Products.
Products used …
- Pigment Sprinkles
- Pattern Party Decorative Masks
- Embossing Paste
- Shimmery White cardstock
- Flourish Dies
- Flourishing Phrases Cling-Mount Stamp Set
- White Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- Cardstock – Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay and Whisper White (card insert)
- Bermuda Bay Re-Inker
How did I create this card..
Firstly, I tried Colouring the Shimmery White Cardstock using Pigment Sprinkles..Stampin’ Up!®.
**Shimmery White Cardstock is a good alternative to using Watercolour paper.
- Sprayed card stock with water and sprinkled both colours on, adding more water to get the colour to move and cover the area. With this technique there is more movement and deeper colour where the Pigment Sprinkles touch the cardstock.
- Mix Rubbing Alcohol with the Pigment Sprinkles in a Spritzer bottle and spray card stock…one colour from each side. This gave a even and brighter finish.
I love how they both turned out but the intensity of the colours used with Rubbing alcohol sprayed onto the cardstock really gave me the look I was after.
To bring back some of the Bermuda Bay into the back ground (that was lost a little when spraying the two colours), I mixed the embossing past with 2 drops of Re-Inker.
Working quickly ( as the paste drys very quick) I layered the mask on top of my card front and with a pallet Knife spread the past over the top.
I decided to create the coloured cardstock for the flourish the same way as I created the background using the Mango Melody and Melon Mambo
The sentiment “thank You, so very much” is from the Flourishing Phrases Cling-Mount Stamp Set and was embossed on Basic Black cardstock with White Embossing Powder.
All that’s left to do is put this card together..
- Card Base – Melon Mambo 21 x 14.5cm, scored at 10.5cm
- Card Mat – Bermuda Bay 10 x 14cm
- Card Front trimmed to 9.7 x 13.7 cm
The colours of India have truly inspired me
I have added my card to Kylie Bertucci’s International Stampin’ Up!® Blog Highlights for February Theme- Thank you.
Go and have a look at all the amazing cards made, you can VOTE for for your favorite 5 cards by clicking on the little hearts.
To make it easy for you to find where to vote click on the image below ….. just make sure one of those votes is for me (LOL!)
Thank you for stopping by and reading my Blog. I hope you’ve enjoyed my projects & that you’re inspired to get crafty!
Please see the links below to grab any of these products from my Online Shop!
If you would like a copy of the NEW Mini Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration Catalogue then fill in the form found in the link on the right of your screen and I will post one to you. Or click on the links below for the PDF Copy.