We are going on an ADVENTURE!
What type of ADVENTURE would you like to take?
Would you go some where or do something different?
Would it be a BIG adventure?
When I saw the challenge that Global Design Project gave us this week, it sent me in a spin.
I have no Adventure stamps….
but I was thinking of those really BIG ADVENTURES like….
- Climbing mountains
- Traveling to other countries
- White water rafting
- plus more
All those once in a life time experiences
Then there was those everyday LIFE ADVENTURES
- Having a new Baby
- Going on a family holiday
- Taking your children to the Zoo
- Starting something NEW
There are so many…
So I had to bring myself down from the mountains and look at my life
and those smaller ADVENTURES I experienced with my children.
When my boys turn 7, my husband takes then away for a one on one holiday
They decided that when they turned 10, I would get to take them away.
Its their choice where we go as long as its only a 2 hr drive and
we stay over night.
When Robert turned 10, he wanted to go to Sydney…..
that was his BIG adventure.
He wanted to go to the Aquarium, Zoo and Bondi Beach.
And here is my card, reminding me of the
Robert and I shared.
How, did I do this card?
Stamp Set- Seaside Shore
Techniques- Watercolour, Faux Watercolour
- Using water colour paper I gave the background a wash of Pool Party, Island Indigo and Pacific Point – let dry
- Using the stamp that looks like a row of large dots I randomly stamped vertically with Pool Party ink. Then went over with the Aqua Painter for a Faux Watercolour look.
- When that had dried I stamped the Seaweed with Island Indigo (stamped off) and again went over with Aqua Painter.
- Stamped bubbles in Smoky Slate
- Coloured in the shells with Stampin’ Write Markers Large Watermellon Wonder & Smoky Slate, Small- Calypso Coral & Daffodil Delight
- Masked the shells and stamped starfish in Tip Top Taupe
*AFTER EACH STEP I WENT OVER WITH THE AQUA PAINTER- FROM STEP 2 and LET DRY
The Fish I stamped onto Shimmery White cardstock using Basic Black stamp pad and coloured with the Stampin’ Write Markers. Using colours- Crush Curry, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight. Hand cut and mounted with Dimensionals.
The sentiment I variegated the colours through each row of words using the Stampin’ Write Markers in colours Pool Party, Island Indigo and Pacific Point, then breather onto the stamp and stamped down.
I love the look of cards that are matted or with layers, so I have used two layers of matting.The cardbase is in Island Indigo with the next layer in Pool Party. The water colour paper was matted onto a piece of Pacific Point Cardstock with Fast Fuse and dimensionals attached to back, then this attached to the card front.
Thanks for reading …please leave me a comment as I love to hear what you think…have a beautiful day and enjoy life’s ADVENTURES!