Even though I have a family of boys, it’s not often I make cards suitable for boys.
So, for this month’s class I purchased Stampin’ Up! stamp set “One Wild Ride” 141724.
This stamp set was designed by Dawn Griffith in celebration of her One Million Sales.
You can find this stamp set on page 37 of the Annual Catalogue.
It is a fun set and is great for the young boy to the older mature man.
The first card we made was a card I CASed from Dawn Griffith herself and it’s a fun Z- Fold card
Here is a Link to her YouTube Video…Modified Z Fold Card – One Wild Ride
With my card I changed the size of the card to suit the Australian market – Finished card size 10.5 x 14.5 cm. I also sponged the edges of the Whisper White front panel with the motor bike.
The second card we made was CASed from Tanys Boser…I love this card because it is so bright and vibrant. Again, here is a link to her YouTube Video showing how she made the card- Ghosting Technique on Glossy Paper
Because I wanted to stick to a boy theme I changed the card base to Dapper Denim…though I still think a girl would also love this.
And so, then it comes to my card
with a Gift Card pocket inside…
Products used and links to My Store..
One Wild Ride Stamp Set 141724
Timeless Textures 140517
Best Badge Punch 140633
Whisper White Cardstock 106549
Cherry Cobbler Cardstock 121681
Dapper Denim Cardstock 141419
Basic Grey Stampin’ Pad 140932
Cherry Cobbler Stampin Pad 126966
Crumb Cake Stampin’ Pad 126975
Dapper Denim Stampin Pad 141394
Here is how I made this card...
- Card base in Dapper Denim was cut at 10.5 x 29 cm and scored at 14.5 &23.5 cm
- Fold and burnish score lines with the 23.5 score line folding to inside of card to form a Gift Card pocket.
- Cut a half circle using a Circle Punch – I used the 1 ¼” punch
- Using Tear & Tape Adhesive along the outer edges and adhere down forming the pocket.
- Cut 2 pieces of Whisper White cardstock at 8 x 9.5 cm & 13.5 x 9.5 cm. Also 2 pieces of Cherry Cobbler 8.3 x 9.8 & 13.8 x 9.8 as matting for both pieces of Whisper White.
- Using Timeless Textures on Pg. 154 and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Pad stamp around the edges of both pieces of Whisper White. With the splatter stamp from One Wild Ride add texture over the smaller piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- With Basic Gray Stampin’ Pad add the motor bike image to larger piece of Whisper White stamping to the right-hand side leaving room for the sentiment above, which is stamped in the Dapper Denim Stampin’ Pad.
- On a scrap piece of Whisper White stamp the badge in Dapper Denim and another one in Cherry Cobbler. Punch the Dapper Denim one out using the co-ordinating Punch Pg. 206. With paper snips cut the banner out from the Cherry Cobbler Badge and using the Mini Dimensionals adhere over the Dapper Denim banner and adhere the larger Dimensionals to back of the Dapper Denim badge.
- With the tyre track stamp and Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Pad ink up the stamp and stamp off onto scratch paper to lighten the colour (my pad is very juicy and stamps very dark), then stamp on the smaller piece of Whisper White approximately 1.5 cm from left hand edge.
- Adhere the Whisper White to the Cherry Cobbler for both pieces. Adhere the large panel to inside of card and the smaller to front of card. Attach badge to card front.
Thank you for reading my post and I hope you also enjoy making these cards…