On Friday in my ‘Live with Michele’ I created this card using a fun technique using the NEW Stampin’ Write Markers. What makes these new? The fine tip nib has been improved, it is a thicker nib which helps with this technique.
The Stampin’ Write markers are water based ink and when used on the Fluid 100 Water Colour Paper allows the ink to move and spread outwards, blurring the lines.
I have kept the circles simple by using one colour per circle, when using more then one colour you will blend colours which creates new colours…so the fun you can create is wonderful. I would suggest only using 3 colours, too many and you could end up making mud….
There are a few different ways you can work this.
- Trace one circle at a time and then go around the circle with a water painter. Then add next circle.
- Trace all circles in the 3 colours before adding water with the water painters. Then go around each one with the water painters blending the colours
- To create the circles I made a template from window sheets and die cut circles using the Reach for the Stars Dies. This can then be kept for use in other places where you may want circles.
- Tip: Play with water colour paper and markers before woking on your card piece. I have a cheap pad of water colour paper to test different ideas out.
- Using the Fluid 100 Water Colour Paper I worked one circle at a time.
- Marker Colours used Berry Burst, Azure Afternoon, Lemon Lime Twist.
- Using one colour at a time trace of one circle with marker. Then using the water painter blend the lines with a wet brush, blend as much as you want.
- Continue by adding more circles and going around each with the water painters. I also worked one colour at a time.
I said in my video that I was using Azure Afternoon Cardstock for the sentiment, I ended up using Tahitian Tide cardstock, when I look back now I think the Azure Afternoon would have been too dark anyway.
Thank you for stopping by and reading my Blog. I hope you have enjoyed my projects & that you’re inspired to get crafty!
Stampin’ Up! products used in today’s Project
All products used are listed below and are linked to my On-Line StoreProduct List
To all the Online Exclusives click HERE or on the image below, this items will not be found in the catalogues so check back throughout the year to see what is new.
Join My Team
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .