Love what you do….Share what you Love…
Isn’t it wonderful when you have something that you Love to do and brings so much enjoyment to be able to share it with others.
Stampin’ Up! LOVE what they do…and I LOVE what I do and when I love something I want to share it with others and that is what Stampin’ Up! is all about.
Today I have been playing with……
“SHARE WHAT YOU LOVE”……Gotta Have It All Bundle 149812
Only available as a Bundle until 31st May 2018
There has been a card that I have been wanting to do for a long time and its my version of another card I had seen. The card its self is made out of vellum and the insert is made using a piece of Share What You Love Designer Series Paper. The paper under the velum needed to be bright and bold to show through but still allow the embossed image to be the hero of the card.
How was this card made…
- The velum is cut at 29cm x 10.5 cm and scored at 14.5 cm
- The DSP is cut smaller than the vellum 8.5 cm x 24 cm and scored at 12 cm
- Stamp and heat emboss the image and sentiment in White Embossing Powder
- Adhere DSP insert to inside of card leaving approx 1 cm around all 4 sides. I used snail and the print of the paper camouflaged the adhesive.
- Inside the insert add a piece of Whisper Whit cardstock 6.5cm x 10.5 cm to be able to write a greeting.
Tips of Heat Embossing on Vellum
- Use the Embossing Buddy on the vellum to remove any static and oils from your hands being left on the surface of your vellum.
- Before heating make sure you give your card a good flick on the back to remove any excess powder, I always keep a paint brush handy to remove those little bits of powder that don’t want to move.
- Heat you heat gun before using on card.
- Be careful not to overheat the vellum, keep the heat gun moving over your work.
- Heating the embossing powder from underneath the vellum can give you a better result. When heating the embossing powder from above, the powder can tend to blow off.
Thank you for reading my Blog. If you have any questions please contact me.