What came before cards?
What other crafts do you do besides making cards?
I love CRAFT….it was more a case of what didn’t I do.
Sew, Knit,Tapestry, Cross stitch, Silk ribbon Emb., Pulled thread…oh’ the list goes on!
I did anything I could get my hands on, tried everything…
Here is a quick run down of what lead me to now…
- My mother was a sewed and enjoyed crafts – I had the best fancy dress costumes, decorated bike or Easter bonnet. Then there was the decorated birthday cakes..Mum did it all.
- I was given my first sewing machine at the age of 8 years old- it was a Singer…and not just a toy one. It did a real sewing stitch…I still have it.
- Learn’t to sew, knit. Joined a Art class – Children’s Art Course, Did a weekend course in Bobbin Lace making.
- Left school and went on to study Fashion Technology through TAFE. Then worked as a machinist in a clothing factory (putting in zippers, 50 a day to make a days wage, more than 50 gave you a bonus).
- Went into retail selling fabric…started at Home Yardage….now that’s a blast from the past…who remembers them?
- Did 2 years doing an Embroidery Course before it was canceled
- Married the best man in the world (or so I think) and had 2 beautiful boys.
- Moved to Southern Highlands (from living in the inner suburbs of Sydney)
- Joined Embroiders Guild…learn’t lots of different techniques
- Heard about Scrapbooking at a Home Show
- Joined Creative Memories
- Had 2 more boys……
- Joined a Design team for Scrappy Sisters (local Scrapbboking Shop)
- Started my own business…..Scrapbooking Angels – putting together albums for others
- Packed everything up and put into storage to renovate our home….
Why card making and Stampin’ Up! ?
Creating cards and Stampin’ Up! came about because I had a need to craft. Joe, our boys and I had to renovate the house we lived in. So everything was packed into boxes.
After 6mths living in a caravan and another 6mths living in a dusty house I was itching to do some sort of craft. I had attended a couple of Stampin’ Up! card workshops and liked what I saw.
It was something (at the time) I could store in a box and do anywhere. Anywhere was my kitchen. which was in those days a fold up table in the door way of the shed with a BBQ at one end and a potable cook top at the other.
Here I am cooking a cake in my kitchen on top of the BBQ
So it became my hobby to start with…it was another 4 years before I joined Stampin’ Up!
Why Stampin’ Up! ?
I looked at a couple of business that sold stamps and Stampin’ Up! offered something unique.
- There products were there own, you couldn’t just go and buy them on the shelf.
- Everything coordinated, I didn’t have to search for matching product…they had it
- Their prices were reasonable….
- The quality was good …so good value.
- Good verity of stamps, inks and embelishments
- Monthly Min sales – was and still is achievable
So as they say the rest is HISTORY…
5 years down the track nothing has changed (except I don’t cook in the shed any more),
I still enjoy card making.
I have gone back to Scrapbooking/Memory Keeping also.
And its with Stampin’ Up!…..its just called Project Life.
I’m no longer wanting to do this as a hobby (which you can) but I’m wanting to make this a business.
So that I can share it with everyone, why keep it to myself when there are others out there that will enjoy it as much as I am.
Join my team and come with me on a Journey, an adventure of a lifetime.