Welcome to Casually Crafting Blog Hop.
The Casually Crafting Design Team is made up of a group of Independent Stampin’ Up! ® Demonstrators from around the word, that enjoy sharing our take on casual crafting. We’ll be sharing what we love with you every 3rd Saturday morning of each month on our websites.
Our There this month is – Sketch Challenge and this one was a real challenge…. what do I do, then this morning I was inspired by a card I saw on Instagram by Rochelle Blok. I think it was the black and white theme with the red in Santa, anyway it did the trick and my mental block was over….
So my card has a theme of Basic Black, Basic White and Real Red, with a touch of gold.
The stamp set or stamps I have used are –
- Stampin’ Up! Be Jolly from the July – December Mini Catalogue
- Stampin’ Up! Perfectly Laid from the annual Catalogue
Measurements and Products Used–
- Card Base Basic WhiteThick: 21 x 14.9cm, scored at 10.5cm
- Card Mat Real Red; 10 x 14.4cm
- Card Front Pattern Party DSP: 9.7 x 14.1cm
- Strip Basic Black: 1.8 x 14.4cm
- Sentiment Real Red: 2.5 x 7.5cm
- Sentiment Basic White: 2.5 x 7cm
- Santa Basic White: 7 x 9cm
- Gold filament was taken from Gold Fine Art Ribbon: 18cm unraveled/frayed
- Card Insert Mat Real Red: 10 x 14.4cm
- Card Insert Basic White: 9.7 x 14.1cm
- Card Insert strip Pattern Party DSP: 1.2 x 14.1cm
- Cut and score all cardstock
- Adhere DSP to Read Red Card Mat
- Adhere the Basic Black Strip 2.5cm from bottom of the DSP
- Unravel the ribbon, so you are left with just the gold filament. Wrap this around the matted card front, adhering the ends at the back with sticky tape. spread the filament out across the Basic Black.
- Card Insert
- Adhere the Insert DSP Strip along the bottom edge of the Card Insert Basic White.
- Stamp a sentiment onto the Basic White.
- Adhere the Basic White insert to the Real Red Insert Mat.
- Attach the Card insert into your card.
- Embossed Sentiment – The sentiment has been stamped in Real Red Ink and heat embossed by following the steps below.
- Ink up your stamp using Versamark ink, then ink it up in the Real Red. Stamp onto the Basic White Sentiment Strip.
- Cover with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set.
- Using the Banners Pick a Punch cut the ends of both the Basic White and Real Red Sentiment pieces.
- Adhere the two sentiment trips on top of each other and with dimensionals attach to the card front.
- On a piece of Basic White stamp the Santa in Memento Tuxedo Black and colour in using Stampin’ Blends – See a previous video I did on colouring Santa HERE. Colours used – Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate, Ivory, Petal Pink
- Fussy cut your Santa (this time I have left a edge around. and attach using dimensionals.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – either way there is a list at the end of this post to help you move around all the different blogs and get many amazing ideas. We all have our country listed – so if you are looking for a demonstrator in your country, these demonstrators would love to look after you with your Stampin’ Up! ® shopping or if you would like to join our Stampin’ Up!® teams.
Follow the Hop here..
Stampin’ Up! Product Used in today’s projectProduct List
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .