Today I have used a NEW product found in the Sept-Dec 2023 Stampin’ Up! ® Mini Catalogue…..Distressed Tile 3D Embossing Folder.
It has that old world charm, that has been worn over time. It’s like that rug on the floor that has had people walking over it for hundreds of years, it has patches were the pattern is no longer visible but in other areas still vibrant and loved.
I embossed the vellum with the Distressed Tile 3D Folder, which left areas on the vellum that were sheer (allowing the DSP under the vellum to show through) and other areas opaque.
I used this card as my entry for the Global Design Project #406
It’s time for a fabulous sketch challenge this week – there are so many great ways to interpret this sketch and make it your own. We know you’ll love it as much as we do! Here’s the sketch for this week’s challenge:
Why don’t you go to Global Design Project site and check out the other projects completed by the Design Team …. also the other entries.
How to make this card…
- Cut all Cardstock and DSP
- Vellum – Emboss with Distress Tile 3D Embossing Folder
- Die cut leaves and flowers from Timeless Arrangements
- Leaves- Pretty Peacock x 1
- Flowers- Fresh Freesia x 1
- Sm. Flower sprig – Berry Burst x 2
- Sentiment – stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black
- Adhere DSP to card base
- Attach embossed vellum with glue dots over the DSP. Glue Dots are hidden under the textured parts of embossed vellum.
- Adhere the layer flowers and leaves behind the sentiment, add dimensional’s and attach to card front. Add Berry Burst flowers with Multi Purpose Glue, tucking them amongst the other flowers and leaves.
- Add In-Colour dots to card front. i used the Moody Mauve Dots which work with the Berry Burst in the card.
- Adhere the DSP strip to card insert and attach to the inside of the card.
|Card Base||Berry Burst||5 ½” x 8½”, score @ 4 ¼”||14.9 x 21cm, score @ 10.5 cm|
|DSP layer||DSP||3 x 5 ½”||7.5 x 14.9cm|
|Vellum||Vellum||3½ x 4½”||9 x 12cm|
|Sentiments||Basic White||1¼” x 2½” (Scrap)||3 x 6.5cm (Scrap)|
|Leaves (on bar)||Pretty Peacock||3 x 3″ (Scrap)||7 x 8cm (Scrap)|
|Flower (on bar)||Berry Burst||1½” x 4″ (Scrap)||4 x 10cm (Scrap)|
|Small Flowers||Fresh Freesia||2 x 3″ (Scrap)||5 x 7cm (Scrap)|
|Card Insert||Basic White||4 x 5¼” (Scrap)||10 x 14.4cm (Scrap)|
|Insert Strip||DSP||½ x 5¼”||1 x 14.4cm|
Thank you for stopping by and reading my Blog. I hope you have enjoyed my projects & that you’re inspired to get crafty!
Stampin’ Up! products used in today’s ProjectProduct List
To all the Online Exclusives click HERE , this items will not be found in the catalogues so check back throughout the year to see what is new.
Join My Team
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .