I have had so much fun with the ‘Come Sail Away’ Suite by Stampin’ Up! These cards I played with water colour back grounds. I made about 6 water colour pieces trying to get two that I liked.
Both of these backgrounds were done with lots of water and re-inkers.
The card above I used Pacific Point and Coastal Cabana Re-inkers.
The colours used on this card were Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Coastal Cabana with Rock Salt sprinkled over the top. The salt adsorbs the ink and this has left the pink spots.
How did I do the water colour…
- I do most of my colouring were there is a lot of water used in a foil baking tray lined with paper towel.
- Cut water colour paper to the size required 9.7cm x 13.7cm
- spray water all over water colour paper.
- Add a few drops of lightest re-inker first and the only a couple of the darker re-inker.
- Spray again with water and move the ink around by turning water colour paper around.
- I found I had to move quickly because as soon as I added the ink to paper it wanted to adsorb and that left the darker spots.
- Allow to dry.
I used Blends to colour the lighthouse, anchor, and compass. In colours Pool Party Combo, Bermuda Bay Combo, Daffodil Delight Light, Smoky Slate Light and Sahara Sans Combo.
Thank You for reading my Blog. If you have any questions about the products used or would like to ‘Join my Team’ then please contact me.
All available products will be listed below and link to my On-Line Store. Other products used will be available from 4th June 2019.