Thank you to all the lovely people that for voted for me. It is wonderful to be a part of ‘Kylie Bertucci’s International Highlights Top Ten Winners Blog Hop’ again.
For you, Amazing Friend
Last week I watched a video by Jennifer Mcguire Faux Textured Metal Paper with Perfect Pearls….I love her videos and techniques. Now she didn’t use any Stampin’ Up! products in her cards and so I wondered if I could do something similar but using our wonderful products.
So what do Stampin’ Up! have that I can use-
- Cardstock – Yes, Whisper White. Masked off the white area with low tac painter’s masking tape. Later Changed this to Thick Whisper White…
- Inks – Yes, Stampin’ Pad Flirty Flamingo and Poppy Parade. Brayered these colours on using the Sponge Brayers, Flirty Flamingo at the top and Poppy Parade at the bottom. These colours blend beautifully together.
- Perfect Perls – ‘NO’, Stampin’ Up! don’t have that but we do have the Champagne Shimmer Paint. I tried to sponge it on with a dauber but it removed the colour I just brayered onto my card front…OOP’s…
- Start again…This time I mixed it with some Rubbing Alcohol in a Stampin’ Spritzer and sprayed it on….‘NOPE’ … looked OK but the card stock is too thin.
- This time I tried it with Thick Whisper White cardstock ……Looks great! It doesn’t have a metal look but it does have a nice sparkly look.
- Embossing folders -Yes, have those….choose my current favorite ‘Country Floral Embossing Folder’. Put this through gently, as I didn’t want to spray the card stock with water and ruin the colour again!. I only had to touch up a couple of spots where the cardstock cracked a little.
- The card from was adhered to a Calypso Coral mat – where the Flirty Flamingo & Poppy Parade blends it is so close to Calypso Coral and was the better match as a mat. This is then attached to the card base in Poppy Parade.
- Inside the card is a somple Whisper White panel to write on.
- All that’s left to do is add my sentiment…The word ‘Amazing’ comes from the Celebrate You Thinlits 146840 in the Annual Catalogue, was cut out in Basic Black. ‘For You’ & ‘Friend’ is part of the Well Said 148796 stamps in the Occasions Catalogue, were stamped in Poppy Parade on Whisper White.
To sum it all up…
This was a simple card to make…the products used by Jennifer could easily be swapped out for products that Stampin’ Up! have in their range. All the products I have used will be listed below along with links back to my On-Line Store so you can easily purchase them yourself. If you have any questions please contact me.
Thank you for visiting, I hope you have enjoyed my Blog post today. Below is the list of the others taking part in this Blog Hop. Click on the link to see each one and remember…. leave a comment so we know you visited.
NB. Some of the products used may be in the Last-Chance Products and they will only be available until 3 June or while stocks last. The Country Floral Embossing Folder was from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue and is at present unavailable.
6 thoughts on “Top Ten Winners Blog Hop -April”
Gorgeous cards Michele. Always loving embossing. Congratulations on being voted into the top ten. So happy to be hopping along with you!
Gorgeous cards! Love the bright colors!!
The colours and the inlaid embossing are so striking, and i love the die cut words!
I am a fellow demomstrator and I love your card! But!! I love reading your blog, how you broke it down into “how can I make this with my products”. I do that when I am creating, but have never fully explained like you do. Thank you for extra inspiration!
Thank you…so glad you find that helpful